Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Joel - Blue-belt

I have achieved a goal I set for myself some years ago, and while I don't like to brag. No one really reads this blog except me so I guess it doesn't qualify. I am now officially a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, and in Pancrase (self defense).  My mentor 3rd Degree Black-belt Jerry Roeder, submitted me for examination and testing, without my prior knowledge. And while I would have liked to know in advance, I would have more carefully chosen my lunch at the all-you-can-eat buffet, I think not knowing kept me from the customary nerves associated with an upcoming test. So without the usual pre test jitters, I tested and apparently showed myself approved at a Blue-belt skill level. The shock was still visible on my face, or it was as Jerry mimicked my reaction when I was called to the front of a group of very talented martial artists to receive my blue belt, along with all the other promotions of the day. On a side note, I received another surprise when I was handed my new belt and certificate, it was blazoned not only with the names of Jerry Roeder, and Nate Marquardt (the MMA star and seminar teacher), but also with an image of a blue belt, the same one as above, a piece of vector art that I myself created and released into the public domain, specifically for use on the English Wikipedia.

1 comment:

  1. Oh by the way, the long absence is due mostly to the fact that blogger.com was blocked at my office. The block has been removed, so during idle time at work I will now be able to update the blog. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete